What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization and it is one of the best techniques used to increase the quantity and quality of traffic through organic search. If you are having a hard time understanding this, it is because it is the technical definition of SEO. In basic layman terms, SEO is simply to put your website on Google. So, whenever a person searches using a keyword in the Google search bar, your website will show up in the results section. The better your optimization and closer to the keyword or key phrase, the better are your chances of visibility among the common traffic. Now, you must be thinking that there are various websites which might use the same keyword and are optimizing their website, then how is it possible to even get organic traffic to visit your site. Well, surely there are many websites doing the same but very few have high organic traffic. It is only because they land up on the first page of Google results. Most people tend to visit the high-ranking websites. So, how can you make your website rank higher in the search engine?
How can you help your page rank on the 1st page on Google?
According to a survey, 75% of the people do not scroll on to the second page of the result section. So, if you are ranking on the third or fourth page, you really need to understand the process of ranking your page higher. Otherwise, you are doomed and will not be able to generate the quantity of organic traffic required for the sustenance of your business. There are only three simple steps to reach the zenith.
Firstly, try to use long-tail keywords than short-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords usually take less time and money and will be able to generate much traffic to your website. The second step is to pay to reach the top of the AdWords search network. Lastly, you have to write more than your competition. As you write more on the relevant niche, the search engine algorithm will identify your website better than that of your competitors.
How SEO works
There is a plethora of information which might leave you startled. So, we have devised a better strategy to make you understand how SEO works. Following are the 5 steps to know how SEO works:
- Understand and determine the on-site search engine optimization elements. The heading and metadata have the most crucial role in optimizing the page and rank it high. The use of internal links, external links, and alt attributes also add to the valuable optimization.
- Determine the off-site elements. It is related to the promotion strategy. Try to integrate your website with social media accounts and reviews so as to get more user engagement. Search engine algorithm ranks websites higher if there is more user interaction.
- Content is important. Write powerful content. Generate e-books, articles, instructional videos, etc.
- Join Google+. Creating an account with Google+ helps you to dominate the rankings.
- Monitor your search engine campaigns through Google Analytics.
How does SEO help you grow your business?
The increasing popularity of the internet and social media has made a significant impact in many companies’ budgetary allocation. SEO helps your business to get visible by improving the search engine ranking. SEO is a tool which enhances the conversion rate and implements brand awareness. This leads to customer engagement and as more and more customers join in, better is your business.